Wonko on 7 Apr 2002 05:59:00 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: CFJ526 and a spinoff

Quoth Alex Truelsen,

>Okay, I'm probably not exactly impartial here, but I'll try to be.CFJ 526/0
>CFJ by The Voice
>Assigned Judge: Baron von Skippy

>Statement: Rules 500 and 501 do not exist.

>Analysis: Neither rule amends rule 293 to define how Guido and Copper, both of
whom arguably affect players directly, would have an effect on a player who
holds the Immunity Idol, as is required by rule 293:

>"Any rule which creates a gremlin which directly affects players must also
amend this rule to specify how that gremlin would affect the player with the
Idol."
>Well, I've looked into it quite extensively... I judge FALSE.Analysis: Proposal
524/1 read, and I quote: "Delete the third paragraph of Rule 293." Now, that
would, in fact, be the paragraph in question. However, the Administrator
appears to have not altered the rule, despite the amendment to proposal 524
which added that section not being the ignored alteration. This creates a
bit of a problem, obviously, but the proposal which passed should have that
text in it.

It doesn't matter if the rules have changed since then; at the time of the
passing of rules 500 and 501, 293 made them illegal. The action of creating
them violated a rule; thus it was illegal. Saying, "Oh, well, now it's
legal, so we'll pretend it was legal then, too" is an illegal alteration of
the past.

>As such, I Call For Judgement. Statement: The Administrator did not alter the
ruleset in accordance with proposal 524/1, which read, among other things,
"Delete the third paragraph of Rule 293."

This will do no good. All you'll establish is that the Admin didn't do it.
That's fairly obvious. A better idea might be something along the lines of
"Rule 293 no longer contains the sentence..." because that would actually do
something.

--Wonko

"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to
dance."
- George Bernard Shaw