Wonko on 4 Apr 2002 20:52:05 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Offithial acthionth

Quoth Eric Gerlach,

> {{
> __Mommy, I want off!__
>
> Add the following text to the end of paragraph 8 (the one about entering
> the grid):
> "A Player may leave the Grid by announcing on a public Forum eir intention
> to do so."
> }}

Say, does it say anywhere that a player going off the Grid loses whatever
eir carrying? Otherwise I see a sort of:

I jump to Limbo.
I come down on the Big Stick.
I take the Big Stick.
I jump to Limbo.
I come down next to Glotmorf.
I Whack Glotmorf with the Big Stick.
I jump to Limbo.
I come down on the Big Stick.
I take the Big Stick.
I jump to Limbo.
I come down next to The Voice.
I Whack the Voice with the Stick.
I jump up to Limbo.
I come down on the Big Stick.
etc.

thing happening.

Or even worse:

Wonko passes the Football to the Voice.
The Voice moves to Limbo.
The Voice puts emself on the Grid at (1,20).
The Voice joins Team Crimson.
All players on Team Crimson gain 20 points.
Wonko moves to Limbo.
Wonko puts emself on the Grid on top of the Football.
Wonko takes the Football, moves to Limbo, comes down on Crimson's endzone,
and joins Team Crimson.
All Crimsonites gain 20 points.
etc.

I could write a program in thirty seconds that would mass-produce the
neccessary lines of text, then score a Goal 400 times in quick succession,
first giving me a win, then giving Voice and I both 7 more wins.

Whee!

--Wonko

"I would have made a good Pope. "
- Richard M. Nixon