Eric Gerlach on 15 Mar 2002 06:52:02 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: nweek 9 results

At 02:19 AM 2002-03-15 +0000, you wrote:
I'm not yet ready to declare a state of Emergency, but there seems to be a
minor paradox in the rules: Wonko wants to Tackle Bean, which requires em
to occupy the same space as Bean. But Rule 301 explicitly forbids two
players to occupy the same space on the Grid. I'll re-read the relevant
rules a few more times and see if there's a legal way to resolve the
paradox.

I think we're cool. According to r33, r394 defers to r301 unless chutzpahs are different (which they're not). So r301 stipulates that Wonko cannot occupy the same space as me. So e doesn't move. However, all the other effects of Tackling occur.

If anyone disagrees with this notion.... feel free to do so publicly :)

Bean