Wonko on 15 Mar 2002 02:48:36 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: nweek 9 results

Quoth David E. Smith,

> Wonko Runs to (13,11).
> Wonko's Radar is blipping at (12,9).

Neither of these should be happening - my move Fails as per the rule
entitled "The Grid." I didn't intend to do that, but it's cool that I did,
because that's why I'm close enough to Bean to Tackle him.

> I'm not yet ready to declare a state of Emergency, but there seems to be a
> minor paradox in the rules: Wonko wants to Tackle Bean, which requires em
> to occupy the same space as Bean. But Rule 301 explicitly forbids two
> players to occupy the same space on the Grid. I'll re-read the relevant
> rules a few more times and see if there's a legal way to resolve the
> paradox.

I think what happens is that everything involved with Tackling occurs except
my moving to his location - the Grid rule has a lower ID than the Football
rule, so it takes precedence.

--Wonko

"I would have made a good Pope. "
- Richard M. Nixon