Wonko on 4 Mar 2002 00:49:10 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Ballot, nweek 8

Quoth Donald Whytock,

>> Proposal 409/0: I Have Found The Solution! (Baron von Skippy)
> No.  It needs better wording: As it's written now, it will rewrite r259 to
> say, "For the purposes of the rules, and for all other purposes within the
> game, the term "proposal" shall be considered precisely equivalent to the far
> superior term "proposal"."  If "proposal" is precisely equivalent to
> "proposal", yet "proposal" is far superior to "proposal", this is a paradox.
>
> Nice try, though.

Um... the words "except in r259" would seem to me to indicate that it
wouldn't rewrite r259 at all.... Unless this is some strange usage of the
word 'except' that I wasn't previously aware of...

--Wonko

"A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems."
- Paul Erdos