Jonathan Van Matre on 15 Feb 2002 14:34:19 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: So, what should I be doing?

For the web-proposal and web-voting ideas, your point is a good one.

But...what if you had a voting/proposal daemon set up to take votes and proposals directly from the e-mails to the forum?

It would require more stringently observed and enforced standard delimiters to make parsing the messages possible, but apart from the initial programming effort it would probably save a lot of time.

You could set it up to send confirmation / rejection messages directly to the player, and send you a daily rejection report so you can manually process the few that get bounced for some reason.

For voting, you could even have it automatically generate a ballot with the delimiter tags built in.

e.g.

<ballot>
</ballot>
<player>
Player's Name
</player>

...where you fill in the blank with Y, N, A, or O (for special cases like the "YEA" mini-scam).  If you put in O, you add an <other>"YEA"</OTHER> tag.

Or something like that.

--Scoff!