Wonko on 12 Feb 2002 23:25:51 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: A solution to the HaikuBonus

Quoth Jonathan Van Matre,

> The way *I* see it, the only way you could have had negative points to give
> would be if you borrowed the points from Luigi, thus creating a point debt.
> (You said yourself that you "owed 761 points" -- your mistake was thinking you
> owed them to yourself.)
>
> So, you're now in debt to Luigi, and thanks to post-win reset, you have no
> points to pay em back.
>
> --Scoff!
>
>> Alright, here's how I see it:
>>
>> I had 239 points. I needed 1000 points. Thus, I owed myself
>> 761 points, for
>> the ones I didn't have. So I gave those negative points to
>> others, who then
>> owed me those points.
>>
>> Although I suppose this is a rather eccentric way of looking at it...
>>
>> Also, if my attempt did work, The Baron's attempt to take
>> 1000 points from
>> me still wouldn't, 'cause my score would be zero (post-win
>> reset). Thus,
>> giving -1000 points to me would reduce my score below zero, which is
>> illegal. (which actually seems to be a bit of a problem... If
>> somebody CFJ'd
>> the Baron right now that he had Denied the Undeniable, the
>> Judge would be
>> forced to judge FALSE, because it would be illegal to judge
>> true, as that
>> would reduce Baron's score to negative). (Actually, that gives me an
>> idea...)
>> --
>> Wonko
>> Aut inveniam viam aut faciam.

If my debt was to Luigi, then it couldn't have been greater than 100 points,
so there would have been no post-win reset. Besides, I never borrowed from
Luigi, so I don't see how that has any relevance to the issue.
--
Wonko
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit.