Gavin Doig on 8 Feb 2002 16:07:10 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: The Daily Recognizer (Thursday morning)

> Iain is, in fact, at (11,12). My bad.
>
> (This is why anything that gives too much power to the Admin, without some
> kind of check - doesn't matter too much what exactly - is a Bad Idea.
> Imagine if, as some pundits had prophesied, we had to rewrite history two
> weeks from now to yank Iain off the Grid. :)

My proosal is the history-rewriting one of which you speak. It contains pretty much the most effective check on your powers I can think of - if one single player objects, your statement isn't automatically legalised. And if you make a mistake, a correction such as the one you made above would work just fine.

If Wonko's proosal passes, we'll need to CFJ almost every time you make a mistake. I was going to say that something like the above, where you just miss something and correct yourself later, would be OK (because you could just recognise it later) but on reading his proosal, if you miss something out, then all your subsequent recognitions / refusals will be invalid (as per CFJ 280), as you're required to do them in the same order that the actions arrived in the forum. You'll probably have to redo them.

Of course, his will pass and mine will fail, because it's "wierd"...

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a