Gavin Doig on 1 Feb 2002 15:38:52 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Game Action

> You misunderstand me.  I'm not saying one interpretation
> of Rule 18 is fair and the other unfair.  I'm saying
> inconsistently applying both of them as it suits our wish
> for certain things to occur in the game is unfair.  I agree
> 100% with your last sentence.  But use of definition 1 to
> quash my scam within mere ndays of using definition 2
> to let a Gremlin be thrown on the Grid *is*, in my opinion,
> unfair.

Oh, I see. Well, that would be unfair. But...

> > > Either
> > >
> > > 1)  Any rule specifying any way in which something
> > > *can* be done automatically prohibits it from being
> > > done any other way.
> > >
> > > or
> > >
> > > 2)  Everything is permitted unless expressly prohibited,
> > > with the exception of rule changes.
> > >
> > Which is *not* what rule 18 says. It says "prohibited *or*
> > *regulated*".
>
> OK, let's define regulated.  Is any passing reference to
> something in the rules sufficient to qualify as regulating?
> If not, what criteria must be satisfied?

Something is regulated iff changing it would result in any change to the game state. Thus, painting players pink or throwing gremlins about is unregulated, as it doesn't do anything, but forfeiting players is regulated, as that would have an impact.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a