Gavin Doig on 1 Feb 2002 15:38:12 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Fixing the mess

> We don't need to do this.  We can just all sit in the other thread and let
> the playerless one die out.  A thread with only one player isn't a thread
> anymore.  It's the ultimate passive resistance strategy--if enough of the
> players of the game want something to be done to the game they can just
> make the change and refuse to play in any thread in which it is not done.

That's... cheating. ;-)

If you're going to play nomic, you *have* to stick within the rules. You can, maybe even *should*, attempt to twist the intent of the rules as much as possible, but what you're suggesting above is that we ignore the rules and (effectively) start a new copy of the game with a gamestate that we like more. That's not fun, it's not elegant, and it's *not* nomic.

uin.

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Win a ski trip!
http://www.nowcode.com/register.asp?affiliate=1net2phone3a