Jonathan Van Matre on 28 Jan 2002 21:49:38 -0000

spoon-discuss: Overhauls

I'd rather see a revised proposal, or not see a withdrawn proposal, than see a bad proposal that someone *knew* was bad, just because they were effectively prohibited or deterred from either revising or withdrawing it.

That seems to be precisely the situation we'll have, if the Administrator is correct in believing that proposals are un-rescindable, *and* your overhaul penalty proposal passes.  I'm sure the Admin would appreciate minimizing the revision activity, but we should balance that commendable goal against the overall quality of the measures on the ballot.

--Scoff!