Donald Whytock on 26 Jan 2002 22:54:43 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: New Rule Proposal: Gridwork 2

On 1/26/02 at 11:06 AM Wonko wrote:

>What happens if a player specifies a location for a Big Rock that is
>occupied by a Shiny/Dark Thing? Yes, it's illegal, but nobody knows that
>it's illegal except the admin, 'cause no one else knows where the Things
>are.

Thanks...meant to add that to the last paragraph of the rule..."If the calculated cost for the Big Rock is more points than the purchasing Player has, or if a Big Rock cannot be placed in the location the purchasing Player specified, the purchasing Player loses points up to and including the cost of the Big Rock (not to exceed all eir points) and the Big Rock is not purchased."

So.  This also covers the possibility that someone will move into a grid location before a Big Rock can be dropped there.  If anything is in the grid location, the points get spent and no Big Rock is placed.  Yes, this might show that there's either a Shiny or a Dark Thing on the grid, but it wouldn't say which it was...

I dunno.  Somehow, between the ricochet effect and the pinball gun effect, I don't think Things will stay in one place for too terribly long.

						Glotmorf