Donald Whytock on 24 Jan 2002 05:15:00 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Dimensional Property

On 1/23/02 at 9:01 PM Dan wrote:

>This is an idea I have been working on for a proposal.  It isn't a full
>proposal yet--it needs a name, among other things.  So please let me know
>what you think of it.
>
>There might be a clearer way to say some of this stuff, or an easier way
>to keep track of it.  I welcome any suggestions.
>
>Enact a new rule:
>{{
>__Dimensional Property__
>
>Players may own Regions.  A Region is an area of multi-dimensional space
>specified by listing its dimensional boundaries in the form
>{(A,a)(B,b)(C,c)...} where A and a are the minimum and maximum values of
>dimension 1, B and b are the minimum and maximum values of dimension 2, C
>and c are the minumum and maximum values of dimension 3, and so on. Region
>boundaries specified in this form are always inclusive.
>
>No region or part of any region may ever be owned by more than one player
>or other entity at the same time.
>
>Initially no region is owned.
>
>A position is inside a region if and only if each dimension of the
>position is within the boundaries of that dimension of the region.
>
>No owned region may ever include the Origin {0,0,0...}.
>
>[[Then include some way for player to purchase these regions]]
>
>If at the beginning of an nweek player x is inside a region owned by
>player y, 5 points are transfered from player x to player y.
>

>}}

Oh gawd...Nomopoly.

Wait...I won that one...

Sorry.  Narcissistic spasm.  Seriously, this gets into another "the poor get poorer" thang.  Getting past certain regions around the center would/could be a hellatiously uphill battle, since, if one didn't get enough points/style/charm/whatever to get past that region, one would slide backward toward the origin again.  Or at least the indices.

						Glotmorf