Joel Uckelman on 11 Jan 2002 07:53:20 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: For discussion, before I make it an official revision

Thus spake "Jonathan Van Matre":
> Ye gods, the cause of judicial reform has proved a heavy burden to bear.

A very difficult problem, to be sure. I recall devoting considerable effort
to it in Berserker and A Nomic, to no effect. (We had a win or two awarded
because of flaws in the judicial system, IIRC.) I'm now convinced that you
can't legislate a "fair" judiciary, you just have to rely on the goodwill
of players to constitute one.

My $0.02, and I'm not a player anyhow, so... :)

--
J.