Doig, Gavin on 10 Jan 2002 16:32:04 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The most-revised proposal ever: 236 again

Title: RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The most-revised proposal ever: 236 again

> Hypothetical situation:
>
> I submit four proposals.  Someone forgets to count them.  All four get
> adopted and enacted.
Cannot happen. We may *think* they've all been adopted and enacted, but we'd be wrong. Just as if the admin changed all the rules to "banana" - *our records* might say that, but the *actual rules* wouldn't.

>  Someone realizes what has happened and CFJs me for
> exceeding the bandwidth limit.  CFJ: "Scoff! submitted one too many
> proposals."  Ruling: True.  Now what?  We can change our *records* of
> the game state and rules, but if all that changes is the records, that
> means my 4th rule is in effect even if it's not on the record.  I still
> have the points I received for that 4th proposal, even if they are not
> on the record.

No, you never had those points in the first place, our records merely incorrectly reported that you did. We're changing our records to be in accordance with the true game state, as determined by the CFJ, not changing the game state to be in accordance with the CFJ.

uin,
nomic Platonist.

DISCLAIMER:
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the intended recipients(s)") to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is  privileged, proprietary and/or confidential within the meaning of applicable  law. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this message (including any attachments) is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please contact the sender of this message as soon as possible.

The views or opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and may not necessarily be the views held by Azurgroup Limited