Jonathan Van Matre on 10 Jan 2002 15:49:07 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: The most-revised proposal ever: 236 again

Hypothetical situation:

I submit four proposals.  Someone forgets to count them.  All four get
adopted and enacted.  Someone realizes what has happened and CFJs me for
exceeding the bandwidth limit.  CFJ: "Scoff! submitted one too many
proposals."  Ruling: True.  Now what?  We can change our *records* of
the game state and rules, but if all that changes is the records, that
means my 4th rule is in effect even if it's not on the record.  I still
have the points I received for that 4th proposal, even if they are not
on the record.

There has to be some kind of power somewhere for the game state to be
changed when CFJs require it.  One can always CFJ the actions taken as a
result of a CFJ if necessary.

--Scoff!