Antonio on 27 Dec 2001 14:13:46 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's make it Imperial (sort of)

--- "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2001, Antonio wrote:
>
> > Since the administrator is kind enough to run the game (and
> administer the
> > website etc) just for fun, let's make it easier for him by letting
> him have
> > the final word on any proposal (mostly so he can veto a proposal
> that would
> > require too much work on the database or something).
>
> Just to prove your point, I'm gonna refuse to recognize your
> proposal. :)
>
> Should I choose to become a player, this could give me such an
> obscene
> advantage it's not really even funny.
>
> I *will* recognize it if you can come up with a version that's fair
> everyone else as well.
>
> ...dave

Very well: I had thought of that problem just after hitting the send
button (so typical), but then I was tired and just went to bed.
here goes:
<proposal>
<title>let's make it Imperial</title>
Create a new rule named "Administrative Veto" with the following
IMPERIAL delimited text
IMPERIAL
The Administrator may Veto any given proposal by declaring so. That
proposal fails no matter what votes it recived.
Should the Administrator become a player this rule shall repeal itself.
This rule takes precedence over rule 32.
IMPERIAL
</proposal>

I made it a separate rule so it can destroy itself more easily, but
this required taking precedence over rule 32, if you don't like that,
vote for Wonko's proposal instead.
--
Antonio