Rob Speer on 27 Dec 2001 03:50:42 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Let's hang on to outdated imperialist dogma which perpetuates the economic and social differences in our society

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 10:41:44PM -0500, Wonko wrote:
> <proposal>
> <title>You can't expect to wield supreme executive power just 'cause some
> watery tart threw a sword at you</title>
> Append the following "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!" delimited text to
> rule 32
> "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
> The Administrator may Veto any given proposal by declaring so. A Vetoed
> proposal fails unless at least 3/4 of all players vote for it. If at any
> time the administrator is a player, this rule automatically amends itself to
> remove this sentence and the preceding two sentences.
> "Help! Help! I'm being repressed!"
> </proposal>

> How's this? It gives the admin a fair amount of power, but if e tries to
> make emself a player and use that power, the power vanishes faster than you
> can say Ecky-ecky-ecky-ecky-pikang-zoop-boing-goodem- zu-owly-zhiv

Why not just say that if the Administrator is a Player, he cannot use
the Veto power?

Anyway, the rule is unclear. If a Veto is used, does it only succeed if
less than 3/4 of all players voted for it? Is another vote held
immediately? Or does it go to the next nweek? Furthermore, won't it be
very difficult to override a Veto considering that at least 1/4 of the
players tend to idle and not vote?
--
Rob Speer