Antonio on 27 Dec 2001 00:06:49 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: you know it's coming...

On Wed, 26 Dec 2001 16:42:26 -0500, Glenn Overby II
<guardcaptain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The Administrator writes:
>
>>"Bandwidth Rationing" is recognized as 178/0. It's eerily similar to
>>120/0, which was defeated, but I don't recall the margin offhand.
>
>I voted for the earlier proposal to limit proposals, and I still think it's a good idea.
>Now more than ever.  The volume of proposals, especially the nitpicks, the
>shotguns, and the ibuprofen-inducers, threatens the game.  Certainly it's driving
>folks away.

Yes, and the worst of this is on David, that's not even a player, so I
think he's giving more than he's getting.
On the other hand what else can you do in a Nomic but propose stuff?
Granted, you can make and rule CFJs or you can play various
subgames-that-are-part-of-the-bigger-ruleset (but you need a lot of
proposing for the second option) but those are not the central point of the
game, no?
--
Antonio