Dan on 21 Dec 2001 23:03:15 -0000

spoon-discuss: Legality of Actions

on 12/20/01 8:44 AM, Doig, Gavin at GDoig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> I'm pretty sure that r129 (which still exists until the 24th) prohibits
>> these.
>
> And I'm also pretty sure that they're all trivially false, as the
> r129-allowed changed to scores won't be retroactively legal until the
> 23rd/24th.

Just a general question about legality. The statement that the score changes
won't be legal until the 23rd/24th seems to imply that the score changes are
presumed illegal unless a rule specifically makes them illegal. Does this
mean that all actions are considered to be illegal until they're made legal,
and if so, wouldn't it make more sense to assume that all actions are legal
unless made illegal by a CFJ or other rule or something like that?
Otherwise, everything we do is illegal until 1 nweek after we do it, when it
retroactively becomes legal.