Rob Speer on 5 Dec 2001 21:52:12 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Joining the game / Currency proposal

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 07:58:00PM +0100, Jorg Rathlev wrote:
> >   A Revisable Object is not an Object. A Revisiable Object is not an
> >   Object either, and this sentence will delete itself once the ruleset
> >   no longer refers to Revisiable Objects.
>
> ...except in this rule.
>
> Won't work as intended otherwise :)

D'oh. Good point.

> > A player recieves 10 Bucks at the end of a voting period in which e
> > has voted.
>
> >From whom? If objects are created by rules or proposals only, then the
> rule has to state that the bucks are created, or they don't exist.

I'll fix that too.

> BTW, I suggest to call them "Things" to avoid any object/revisable
> object confusion.

I've spent enough time on MU*s to know that people don't make the
distinction between "things" and "objects", or at least use the words
interchangeably.

In the MUX documentation, it says that there are four types of objects:
Player, Room, Exit, and Thing.

People on MUXes say that there are four types of things:
Player, Room, Exit, and Object.

The distinction leads to confusingly-written tutorials and buggy code,
so I'd rather avoid having to make it here.

> > Any action which is required to be performed by the Administrator
> > may also be performed by an automated script acting on the
> > Administrator's behalf.
>
> A dice roller is already defined in rule 9.

Yes, but it is still not clear whether the Administrator would be
required to put every individual dice roll into the page. This rule may
be useful for other situations as well.

--
Rob Speer