Robin Lee Powell on 28 Nov 2001 23:05:37 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: initial ruleset

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:51:24PM +0100, Jorg Rathlev wrote:
> > > I think that we should try and start with as simple an initial
> > > ruleset as possible, even if a lot of rules will be proposed and
> > > adopted within the first two weeks.
> >
> > I hear the Voice of the People! I'll roast a bunch of rules soonish,
> > then go through what's left to (hopefully) ensure we're reasonably
> > free of logical inconsistencies.
>
> I actually wrote a ruleset for a play-by-mail nomic game some time
> ago. Unfortunately, I never had the time to actually start a game
> myself. The ruleset is very similar to Peter Suber's original nomic
> ruleset, modified mostly to allow non-sequential player actions.

You know, I find myself liking the "rule set" used for Game 3 of Pure
Nomic:

http://www.wunderland.com/WTS/Jake/Nomic/

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno