Rob Speer on 15 Jun 2001 18:22:54 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Looks like I win again

On Fri, Jun 15, 2001 at 04:33:25PM +0200, Jorg Rathlev wrote:
> Note that a "Hand" is not necessarily the same as a "Poker Hand", as a Player may, during showdown, chose how to arrange eir cards into Poker Hands (rule 396/0). It will be up to the Judge to decide whether "Poker Hands" and "Hands" are the same.

I defined "Poker Hand" to mean one thing and "Hand" to mean another, and their
definitions did not refer to each other in any way. How could they be the same?

Are they the same as a clock hand too, because they involve the same word?
--
Rob Speer