David Chudzicki on 10 May 2001 01:47:06 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Objection

The rules seem kinda screwed up on this point, but I would suspect that I am an agent (but not a player). According to 105/0, an agent is any entity capable of action. According to the prevailing interpretation of the rules, a new person may make a motion to add emself. This clearly ought to be considered an "action," which really makes any person an agent. However, 105/0 also says that an entity may not solely on eir own authority become an agent. The only way I see that all these things could be consistent is if we consider the last sentence of this rule to be entirely superfluous. (It says no entity may cause itself to become an agent, but never says that all entities capable of action have not always been agents.) Ah, my convoluted wordings must be fun to read (isnt such a writing style consistent with the ideas of nomic, though?), but I know they make sense.

Dave C.

Either way, poor David is in Agent limbo until we get a quorum vote, however
far off that is.

--
Rob Speer