Jorg Rathlev on 8 May 2001 20:47:37 -0000

spoon-discuss: No voting this nweek...?

> As long as we're looking through the rules, someone may wish to invoke
> 306/2. (Rough tangent: This rule specifies that the Deputy Administrator
> may recognize proposals; can such an entity distribute an official ballot,
> or receive votes, or anything similar? The rule seems a smidge vague to
> me.)

The only problem with the rule is that the deputy would need to wait 24 hours, as the 6 hours rule applies only if "voting starts in less than 24 hours", which isn't the case, as voting already started.

Waiting 24 hours obviously doesn't make sense, as we'd end up with an actual voting period of just about 3 hours.

The most likely thing to happen (and probably the best solution) is simply not to vote this nweek. Even if a ballot was distributed now, I don't think we'd achieve quorum, there are no urgent proposals, no one will be punished (except we might vote Joel out of Office, but he actually has a pretty good excuse), so what?

Joerg