Jorg Rathlev on 26 Feb 2001 11:55:16 -0000

RE: spoon-discuss: scoring

> Some kind of unemployment benefit would probably be a good idea.  Or, if
> we make the payment by the debt system they wouldn't actually have to pay
> the fee until after their proposal has passed and they have been paid.

Unemployment benefit? Did he say *benefit*?

You communist!

Didn't someone say that already? Arghh! He's EVIL!

> Another idea for bank revenue is to create some kind of proportional tax
> on point holdings.

Property tax? You communist!

Hmmm. I like the idea, actually :-)

I thought about the creation of some sort of "social security" system already. I'm planning to make a proposal to create something like that. Hoever I think that should be seperated from the bank and work more like an insurance.

Creating bank revenue is another problem, but getting it from players is not really a good economic system, is it? First the bank gives points to everyone, then it claims them back because it's broke. With the current rules, the bank is somehwat expected to simply create new points.

> Since Extra Votes are priced at way more than anyone can afford to pay,
> could we reduce the price a little so there is some bank income there too?
> Both this and the tax would allow us to lower the price to create
> proposals and make it easier on the new players.

Hmmmm, no. I don't like the idea of pay-per-proposal anyway, and I also don't like extra votes. So keep them unaffordable at least.

Joerg