Joel Uckelman on 16 Feb 2001 17:50:35 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Proposal 399

Quoth =?us-ascii?Q?Jorg_Rathlev?=:

> > I have lived in the US for 17 years and I also have no idea what that
> > means. Methinks it may be an in-joke with Joel's crowd. Perhaps =
> someone
> > would be so kind as to define it for the rest of us?
> >=20
> > On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Harrison, Andrew wrote:
> > > 'Scuse my ignorance of American colloquialism, but what exactly is
> > > Randalling?
> > >=20
> > > Why do I get the feeling that I *really* should not have asked that
> > > question....
>
> It looks and sounds (if it is pronounced as I would expect) similar to =
> the german word "randalieren", which would mean Joel has a serious =
> problem with his neighbours if the proposal is adopted...
>
> The translations of "randalieren" my dictionary tells me are "raise =
> hell" and "riot".
>

> Joerg

Ha! No, it's a joke among some of my friends that comes from the movie
_Clerks_. I'd prefer not to have to explain it, since I doubt it would make
much sense, being sort of an "in-joke", as Benjamin correctly guessed.

--
J.