Kieron Jarvis on 17 Jan 2001 02:28:46 -0000

spoon-discuss: RE: spoon-business: Negative Voting

> The following is a new proposal.  The title of the proposal
> is the first
> 255 characters of "Foully voting AGAINST every single
> proposal on every
> ballot really drives me up the wall you will know if youre the one im
> talking to i really think something ought to be done about
> this blatant
> misuse of democratic principles and this is a holy crusade to restore
> truth and honor and justice and liberty to the world of nomic
> and anyone
> who stands against shall have to suffer the wrath of uuuuh me So there
> :-P."
>
> Enact a new rule, titled "Against negative voting" with text
> as follows:
>
> If, on a ballot containing at least five proposals, an agent
> is found to
> vote against at least three and for no proposals then that
> agent shall owe
> a debt of 20 points to the first agent to point out eir breach of good
> conduct within three nweeks of the offence.

This gives the vote counter an unfair advantage. E's most likely to notice
and have the opportunity to point it out first. I don't know what a good
alternative would be. Perhaps the vote counter shall be allowed to point it
out and claim the points only during the third week after the breach of good
conduct ?

XnJester