Dan Waldron on 8 Dec 2000 05:22:17 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: nomic/drh

> Anyway, I've a subgame protocol in mind that would make subgames easy
> to implement, something similar to the GWIBs for anyone who played in
> Berserker, though less complicated and loophole-rich.

I think we could include them with some kind of binding-contract rule.
All the players of the game would have to agree to a contract to abide by
the rules of the game.  Then the game could just take its course.
Probably it would be good to specify in the binding-contract definition
that those rules could not in any way alter anything or change any
requirements of the Berserker rules.

A rule could be made allowing agents to donate points to the prize-pot of
a game without playing, and then for a publicly-funded game a motion could
be made for the bank to donate the required number of points, or it could
be specified in the rules if we want to run a particular game several
times without having to do all the work.

I will get to work on a prototype for contract definitions, then you can
add the game-specific stuff to it if it looks good.  We can use mediocrity
as one of the first games to be covered.

Poulenc