Jeff Schroeder on 8 Dec 2000 01:21:32 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Re: proposal recognition and stuff, and stuff.

At 07:11 PM 12/7/00, Joel wrote:
<snip>
The situation was made worse by the mechanical failure of the hard drive on my desktop machine--I didn't lose any game stuff, or really anything else important, fortunately, but it certainly set me back a day or so. Must ... finish ... work... (Avid Joel-watchers will note that that was the fourth hard drive I've had suffer mechanical failure since January 1998. It's like the cloud of misfortune from Dilbert is following me around. Speaking of "clouds of misfortune", that sounds like a neat proposal idea.)

Damn, what kind of hard drive do you have?  Western Digital?