Joel Uckelman on 8 Dec 2000 01:11:37 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Re: proposal recognition and stuff, and stuff.

Quoth Dan Waldron:
> [[
>
> > In my capacity as Banker, I hereby set the Adopted Proposal Award at
> > one point, and the Opposed Minority Awards at 20 points. As the Tax
> > Collector, I set the Failed Proposal Fine at 20 points. (This will
> > hopefully discourage everyone from allowing proposals to be voted on
> > this week...)
> >
> > Also, on a personal note, I make all of my proposals inactive (until I
> > weather the storm that is the semester's end).
>
> This is a good way of getting around the craziness of this week.  There
> will still need to be a ballot, as there are several elections running,
> but it will be much simpler and less time-consuming.
>
> Clearly, the Administrator will be too busy in the next week-or-so to do
> all the nescessary proposal maintenence, so I will follow his example.

Danke.

The situation was made worse by the mechanical failure of the hard drive on my desktop machine--I didn't lose any game stuff, or really anything else important, fortunately, but it certainly set me back a day or so. Must ... finish ... work... (Avid Joel-watchers will note that that was the fourth hard drive I've had suffer mechanical failure since January 1998. It's like the cloud of misfortune from Dilbert is following me around. Speaking of "clouds of misfortune", that sounds like a neat proposal idea.)

> I have a request for Joel for the web page, though.  I think it would be a
> good idea to list the rule-ownership standings with the point standings on
> the page.  Time permitting, of course, could you include this piece of
> pertinent information?

Yes, it's one of the first things I'll do (and one of the easiest) once things settle down, circa 16 December.

--
J.