Dan Waldron on 24 Nov 2000 22:11:07 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Revision of Proposal 346

> You still need to state in your NTV proposal somewhere that this is the only
> way by which eligable voters can place votes on ballot items, otherwise you
> run into the 'whatever is not restricted is permitted' rule and problems
> occur.

That is already in there.  Towards the end of the third paragraph of the
proposed rule (counting the comments) is "No vote may be cast except
through this use and consequent destruction of a New Transferable Vote."
I added that sentence in the last revision to fix precicely the security
problem you describe.

Poulenc