Dan Waldron on 23 Nov 2000 17:08:07 -0000

spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: Proposal

> [[Suggestions to Poulenc for his proposals:
> Make Transferable Votes to be Objects rather than entities.
> Remove the Administrator from the equation as far as points go. If the rules
> specify that a Player should be awarded points then the Bank should go ahead
> and do it rather than wait for the Administrator to say so.
> Do the same for buying the extra votes from the bank, why does the
> Administrator need to get involved?]]

I will make Transferable votes objects rather than entities.  I meant to
but I must have forgotten to when I edited it.  Thanks for catching that
one.

I wanted to make points into objects while creating as little change as
possible in our existing system.  Currently the Administrator is the main
distributor of points, and I do not really see that changing any time in
the near future.  Joel's scoring report as part of the voting could easily
be changed into orders to the bank to change the points.  However, I see
now that it might be done more efficiently in the way you suggest, so I
will change it.

If the post of the Banker is ever held by anyone but Joel then we should
work out some kind of a system where Joel can quickly and easily take the
standings and ownership information from the banker's nweekly report.

With regards to the Transferable Votes thing, I deliberately set that to
go through the administrator to add another level of delay.  This way, The
Administrator and the Banker could strategically stop someone from getting
an extra vote that they wanted for a particular nweekly vote.  Instead,
people will have get the Extra Vote and wait.  It is a way of limiting the
power of the rule and give a little bit of influence to people who work
hard to keep this game playable.

Poulenc.