Joel Uckelman on 1 Nov 2000 04:03:57 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: Re: spoon-business: voting results

Quoth Wbfu Xbegorva:

> Joel Uckelman sprach:
> >Unfortunately, we failed to meet quorum again--there are thirteen players,
> >and only six voted. This time, there were no procedural snafus (the ballot
> >went out on time and was correct, voting times are listed on the page,
> >etc.), so I'm wondering what happened. There were quite a few proposals on
> >which to vote (20, by my count), so maybe some players felt overwhelmed and
> >didn't vote. That's counterproductive, though, since all of the proposals
> >will just be held over until the next voting period. There won't be less
> >next time unless some of them are withdrawn. Really frustrating, it is.
> >
> >On a related note, I think we need to do something about the way quorum
> >works. Either:
> >
> >1. have some way to declare players inactive so they don't count against
> >quorum
>
> "Limbo"
>
> To pass a Limbo rule, you need to make quorum at least once, though.
>

> Josh

Yes, I realize that. I think we should be able to make quorum next time, though. More than one person who I expected to vote this time did not, and we were only one short.

--
J.

--
Play Nomic!