Joel Uckelman on 6 Oct 2000 17:41:01 -0000

Re: spoon-discuss: bug

Quoth Dan Waldron:

> The mechanism for copying proposal text to the live proposals or proposal
> archive is deleting spaces; I think the spaces deleted were ones that
> occurred at the end of a line in the original email. This may only be a
> problem with text formatted by some mail clients.  This may introduce a
> large number of typos into the ruleset if not fixed soon.
>
> Poulenc.

Thanks for pointing this out. What's happening is that newlines are being
removed that shouldn't be. It's difficult to make a program distinguish
between a newline put there by the author of the message and one inserted
to break up long lines by the email client (or majordomo or something else
in between), though it's easy for us to do. I'll see what I can do about
this.

--
J.

--