Rainbow Wolfe on Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:14:26 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Initial Rules Set / Meta-Game - An Experiment in Thought Gaming

Not a proposal (yet).

This ruleset is amended from the initial rules for meta-game, a nomic
variant. It's pretty basic but has some b-controls to begin with. I've added
notes below and if anyone is interested will update these rules in a day
with any extra thoughts. Just wanted to get my two cents out there.

Rainbow Wolfe

{
Meta-Rules

Meta-Rule #1
All players have the right to PROPOSE rules and rule changes [[through
emails sent to spoon-business]], and to DISCUSS proposed rules [[though
emails sent to spoon-discuss]].

Meta-Rule #2
All players have the right to VOTE on proposed rules.

Meta-Rule #3
A PROPOSAL becomes a LAW when 1/2 or more of the voting players agree that
it should. LAWs must be followed by whomever is required by LAW to follow
them.

Meta-Rule #4
Whatever is not prohibited or regulated by a rule is permitted and
unregulated, with the sole exception of changing the rules, which is
permitted only when a rule or set of rules explicitly or implicitly permits
it.
*[[reference: The Paradox of Self-Amendment, Appendix 3, Nomic Immutable
Rule 116]]*

Meta-Rule #5
If the rules are changed so that further play is impossible, or if the
legality of a move cannot be determined with finality, or a move appears
equally legal and illegal, then the Meta-Rules may take precedence.
 *[[reference: The Paradox of Self-Amendment, Appendix 3, Nomic Mutable Rule
213]]*
Meta-Rule #6
Meta-Rules may only be created, deleted, or amended when *all* of the voting
players agree to it.
}

* The rules assume that we have a list of players or Quorum (blog nomic).

* Voting rolls, since it has no time out I'd suggest using blog nomics rule
of rules passing in the order they are proposed. This means following rules
wont pass until previous ones are passed or failed. Plus we could have an
auto time out so the game doesn't lock up. 8 or 10 days, whatever B's week
happened to be last.
* Laws would be numbered sequentially, this isn't noted here. They could
also be placed under headings to help with lack of confusion (era 3 I think
used this principal).

* It might help if action emails were prefixed with [[vote]],[[proposal]],
etc.. whatever helps to see what's going on without having someone send
regular reports and updates. Maybe we can build this into the game so we
only need to have the wiki updated.

* There is no end-game proposal, but I think this should be defined when we
have an idea about what we are doing. ;) We could take onboard the blog
nomic twist that was suggested for various rounds, however we choose to
define it.

* I could have written these changes into this email instead of spending the
time to write these notes at the end of this email.

Suggestions?

--
Hobbes: Why are you digging a hole?

Calvin: I'm looking for buried treasure.

Hobbes: What have you found?

Calvin: A few dirty rocks, a weird root, and some disgusting grubs.

Hobbes: On your first try?

Calvin: There's treasure everywhere!