Ed Murphy on Sat, 3 Jul 2010 22:47:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [Oracle] CFI 120

JamesB wrote:

>> CFI: {{703B E29B E9CC E4ED A7E2  7F62 1608 627B 1BA5 7726 is a newbie.}}
>> Arguments: While e began playing again less than two nweeks ago, e has
>> certainly been a player of B Nomic for more time than two nweeks.
>
> This is CFI 120. I assign CFI 120 to Judge Murphy.

(The following arguments use the old and presumably unambiguous name
"ais523" to refer to the player named in the statement of the CFI.)

To the best of my knowledge, all of ais523's time as a player
prior to eir most recent registration fell within either

  a) the BGoran portion of the Cenobiarchic era, during which nweeks
     were not defined, or

  b) the Imaginary Period, during which the Clock presumably did not
     advance at all, and since which the Clock has presumably advanced
     more than two nweeks.

I interpret "playing for less than two nweeks" as affected only by
continuous periods of being a player while the Clock advances.  For
ais523, the only such period is the one starting with eir most recent
registration.  This CFI was initiated during the same nweek as that
registration, so e had been playing for less than one full nweek, so
by Rule 69 (first paragraph) e is still a newbie.  TRUE.