Charles Walker on Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:38:55 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] No.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (I haven't been keeping track of B for a while, so if any of this is
> or may be ineffective, then please let me know.)

Nope, it all works.

> I intend, with 2 support, to appeal the recent judgement claiming that
> Agora is at war with B.

I support, but there is no Oracle (CotC-equivalent) to deal with this properly.

> To the best of my knowledge, the actions in question were not previously
> discussed in any Agoran forums, at least not in the context of "hey
> let's do this in B".  Thus, while certain persons may be at war with B,
> Agora as a whole is not; those persons do not even constitute a majority
> of Agora's active first-class players.

While I agree that Agora is not at war with B, I don't think a war has
to involve the majority of a nomic's players; supposedly me and Wooble
managed this fine on our own, and I'd be surprised to hear of any real
war which occurred in the last century or so which involved the
majority of a nation's citizens as soldiers.

> I'd appreciate it if someone could summarize how the scams in question
> allegedly worked; particularly whether the cited roles (Admiral of the
> Navy, Ambassador) were part of said working, or just happened to be
> held by the scammers and thus cited to justify the declaration of war.

There wasn't really a scam; Wooble submitted the only RP in a recent
emergency and this RP happened to give him dictator-like powers. Only
one person could even be bothered to vote on the RPs.

Later, Wooble supposedly enacted a rule which allowed any player to
amend the rules by amending them on the wiki.*

0x44 amended this rule so that only me, Wooble and emself had a dictatorship.

I later used this rule to allow me to flip fora Publicity, and used
this power to make ##nomic, and then #bnomic, both IRC channels on the
freenode network, public fora. Various things happened there.

* However, 0x44 has pointed out that this didn't work due to a
technicality, so little has actually happened since Wooble's RP.

I sit.

--
Charles Walker