Craig Daniel on Sat, 14 Feb 2009 09:21:20 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] PoO 2

On Sat, Feb 14, 2009 at 10:24 AM, 0x44 <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 0x44 wrote:
>>
>> I submit the following PoO: { create a new power 3 rule called unrest with
>> the text of the 5th era rule 5e0 at the time of this submission. }
>
> I vote FOR this Point of Order.

I vote FOR this Point of Order, and AGAINST the one that mentions Agora.

For the sake of gamestate collapse:

I submit the following PoO, which conflicts with all Points of Order
thus far submitted: {Replace the rules with the ruleset found at
http://web.archive.org/web/20011213202851/www.nomic.net/~g6/list.php?t=r&a=1&z=999
[[ which was also found at
http://images.bureau42.com/bnomic/ruleset1.html at the time this PoO
was submitted ]], with the addition of a rule 0/0 whose text is the
same as the text of rule 5e0 as it was at the time this PoO was
submitted. If this PoO was submitted at a time when there was no Rule
5e0, then for the purposes of this PoO, create instead a rule 0/0 with
the text of rule 5e0 as found on the b.nomic.net wiki at the time this
proposal was submitted.}

The above deals with the "there is no B" and "everything is fine"
solutions, causing them to look a lot like the rules as they were in
era 1.

I formally request the following changes to the state of the game: {{
Create a rule:
{{
This rule takes precedence over all other Rules.

Each Player has a Mental State, which is exactly one of Calm,
Trusting, or Paranoid. As a message to the Public Forum, or any Forum
previously Public in the past real month, a Player may set his Mental
State by stating that he does so, and specifying the new Mental State.
No other Rule may alter a Player's Mental State, nor may any other
Rule restrict or prevent a Player from altering his Mental State when
the Player performs this action to modify it.

There is an Unrest Threshold which is the greater of one-third of all
Active Players, or the sum of one-third of all Active Players plus the
number of Active Players with a Trusting Mental State. If at any time,
the number of Players with a Paranoid Mental State equals or exceeds
the Unrest Threshold, B Nomic enters a State of Unrest. If at any
time, the number of Players with a Paranoid Mental State is less than
the Unrest Threshold, B Nomic exits the State of Unrest.

When B Nomic enters a State of Unrest, game time is halted. Except for
those specified in this rule, whatever means used in the game of B
Nomic to track time are stopped as of the beginning of the State of
Unrest, and cannot be restarted until B Nomic leaves a State of Unrest
by a means specified in this rule. Pending events and deadlines
relative to game time are postponed until game time resumes. Pending
events and deadlines with absolute dates and times do not occur.

Time in the State of Unrest is tracked using absolute days, which run
from 00:00:00 UTC, to 23:59:59 UTC.
Upon entering a State of Unrest, any Player may, and the Ministry of
Ministries shall issue a Call To Order to a Public Forum. The first
Player to do so becomes the Chairman for the duration of the State of
Unrest. If no Public Forum is available, or the Public Forum becomes
unavailable for an extended length of time, the Chairman may designate
an alternate, provided each Player is notified at their last known
email address of the location and means to communicate through, the
alternate forum. The alternate forum becomes the Public Forum for the
Duration of the Unrest, and is subject to the above accessibility
requirement.

Each Player may, beginning with the start of the first absolute day
after the Call To Order reaches the Public Forum, and ending at the
start of the third absolute day after the Call To Order reaches the
Public Forum, submit any number of Points of Order which are documents
detailing a single change to the Rules or Game State of B. A Point of
Order may declare that it is Dependent on or Contradictory to a
previously submitted, but not yet discarded or selected Point of
Order.

Each Player may submit a single vote on each Point of Order which can
be exactly one of Yea or Nay, up until the end of the first absolute
day after the Point of Order reaches the Public Forum. If, after the
first absolute day from its reaching the Public Forum, a Point of
Order has more Yea votes than Nay votes, it is said to be Selected,
otherwise it is discarded. If a selected Point of Order is Dependent
on a discarded Point of Order, it to is discarded. If a selected Point
of Order is Contradictory to another selected Point of Order, the
Point of Order with the greater number of Yea votes to Nay votes is
selected, otherwise they are both discarded.

After four absolute days have passed since the Call To Order reached
the Public Forum, the Chairman shall gather all Selected Points of
Order, and if necessary implement the changes therein, and is capable
of doing so. Once all of the changes have been implemented, all
Players become Calm, and game time may resume.
}}
Give that rule the number 0/0.}}

The above lets us import emergency procedures if this is nweek 262 and
we never passed a proposal. The wording around proposing it is
constructed so that it counts as a validly submitted proposal in the
initial rules, but not in the probably current ones. In case of that
situation we will need to work together to not vote for anything that
doesn't do what whichever set of PoOs we passed did. If this is what
we end up with, we need to pick a new Admin so as not to force Dave to
play a game he left years ago (although if he wants to stick around as
a player that sounds good to me).

 - teucer