Ed Murphy on Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:47:32 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] (no subject)

j wrote:

> CONSISTENT just because it makes ehird sputter.
>

> Elliott Hird wrote:
>> 2009/2/9 M P Darke <darkemalcolm@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>>
>>> I answer this YES, but I kind of object to having to call him fluffikins...
>>>
>> Dude...
>> INCONSISTENT.
>>
>> QUoted actions happen as the quoter?! What the FUCK?!
>>
>> That's just RIDICULOUS!
>>
>> It makes no sense and breaks _everything_.

INCONSISTENT.  Even though the quote appears to be fictional (i.e.
teucer never actually wrote "I change my name to fluffikins."), any
case of a person presenting text in the general form of a quote
should not be treated as that person performing the quoted action,
unless he clearly intends to do so (e.g. "TTttPF" in conjunction
with quoting a message that e sent to s-d).