Jamie Dallaire on Thu, 13 Nov 2008 14:10:33 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Proposal: The Plague

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Ed Murphy <emurphy42@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wooble wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 1:51 PM, Tyler <wisety@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> To counter the plague, our best bet is to pay the obligatory 25m per
> player
> >> each nweek. Someone create a "Contract Club" like the Pocketbook club
> and
> >> force us all to save ourselves!
> >
> > Or we could just vote for a proposal that reduces everyone's macks by
> > 24 each nweek instead of voting for this one and come out ahead.
>
> What this will really do is force players to decide whether any of them
> care enough about a given Plagued object to spend m25 to save it (either
> for its own value, or to prevent it from spreading the Plague further).
>
> Actually, what this will mostly do in practice is infect macks (which
> can be disinfected for free via Rule 4E89) and points (which can be
> disinfected by converting them to macks, albeit this is a one-way
> operation).
>
> Hmm, what happens if a Player is destroyed?  Better amend the rule to
> specify that this causes em to forfeit the game.  (Wait, Proposal 522
> doesn't even specify "create a rule with this text"; does that mean
> it has no effect even if adopted?)

Argh. Oops. I submit the following Tweak:
{
If Proposal 522 Passed, create a Rule entitled "The Plague" with its text
corresponding to that of the aforementioned Proposal.

The Minister of Health shall randomly select a number of Game Objects, equal
to the current number of Active Players, which will gain the Plagued
Property when e does so.
}

I Intend to Active the above Tweak.

Billy Pilgrim