Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:47:30 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Emergency

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Alex Smith <ais523@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 12:31 -0400, Jamie Dallaire wrote:
> > I think if players of B (the current PEPs) aren't reading their
> > spoon-business mail (or even if they've deregistered), that is their
> > problem. Messaging spoon-business constitutes a quite valid attempt to
> reach
> > everyone concerned.
> >
> > Besides, wouldn't Wooble's proposition, if true, imply that pretty much
> > every emergency we've had (at least since I got here) has been invalid,
> and
> > some really really old emergency has only just now been initiated? And if
> > so, shouldn't we be using some really really old emergency procedure
> rules?
> >
> > BP
> The emergency's still valid if PEPs haven't been notified; it's just
> that anyone can change the forum by notifying everyone if people were
> missed out (rule 4e0 section 3). Presumably Wooble's trying just that.

Thanks for the correction. I expressed myself wrongly. What I should have
said was that the initializing of the Pause and the resolution of the
Emergency has been invalid, if Wooble is correct, in EVERY Emergency that we
have had since... presumably ever. Because no one ever properly alerted all
PEPs.

Translation: unless enough people turned their Panic Buttons OFF by
themselves (rather than letting the end of the emergency do it
automatically), we have continuously been in emergency and NOT making any
actual legislative changes since the first emergency that occurred while at
least one inactive player was deregistered from spoon-business and not
individually notified.

Note that any previous ratifications of gamestate, whether through emergency
or rule-based, that have purportedly happened since then would also be
invalid, given that they depend on Rules that were non-existent at the time
of the Emergency's start, or on Emergency procedures that were never
actually resolved.

Perhaps we need to "retroactively simulate" (I know, I know) everything that
has happened until now using Wooble's emergency???

The Pause for this Emergency (which would be using an archaic procedure)
would only have been initialized today after an extremely long delay.
UNLESS, as I said above, enough people deactivated their Panic Buttons and
we are NOT in some old Emergency (and being Paranoid, of course, does not
mean a thing).

So... to ensure that we ARE in an Emergency (and Wooble should re-initialize
the Pause today once this is assured), I follow Wooble's example, urging
others to do likewise, and:

I Hit my Panic Button. I am Hitting my Panic Button. I set my Panic Button
to be ON. I set my Mental State to Paranoid. I turn my Panic Button ON. He
is Hitting is Panic Button. I Switch my Panic Button to ON. I Activate my
Panic Button. I Panic. I think that should just about do it.

BP