Jamie Dallaire on Fri, 6 Jun 2008 20:32:44 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] MoP

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Paprika's the only game in town this week, so keep it.

OK. Although if anyone's interested in restarting Chess, I don't see any
reason why not. It's largely fixed now and should work fine, I think. The
only exception, which I've been planning on tweaking/proposaling, is that
the Field Match Rule states that the Referee SHALL not turn the field more
than once an rday. This only makes turning the field too frequently a
misdemeanor. It would still be entirely possible for a malicious MoP to pull
your infinite-randomness trick and secure a quick victory, only now he'd
rack up a whole slew (to determine how many we'd actually have to sim the
infinite-randomness :-D ) of misdemeanor quorums if anyone bothered to do
anything about it.

I submit the following Proposal, entitled "Blaaaaa":
{
In Rule 4E58 (Field Matches), replace the first instance of the word "shall"
with the word "may".
}

I Color the above Proposal Black.

Billy Pilgrim