Roger Hicks on Thu, 29 May 2008 08:30:51 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] Proposal: Piece the Corporate Veil

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Jay Campbell <bnomic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Add to Rule 4E79: Incorporation,
>
> {
>
> If a player found Guilty of an Offense is unable to fulfill the
> obligations of its Punishment, and that player is an Officer of a
> Corporation, then that Corporation's Game Objects shall be used toward
> fulfilling those obligations. If that player is an Officer of more than
> one Corporation, the player shall choose the order in which those
> Corporations surrender their Game Objects.

I think it would be far easier to simply hold players responsible for
paying their fines weather they are broke or not. With the above
wording I would never want to join a corporation with another player.

I submit the following proposal:

Criminals Can't Vote
{
Replace the text of 4e20 with:
{{
All Players are Registered Voters unless otherwise specified by the rules.
}}
In rule 4e73 replace:
{{
When the Judge Assigns a Punishment, he applies the Punishment to the
Guilty Player.
}}
with:
{{
When the Judge Assigns a Punishment of a fine in macks the Guilty
Player is obligated to destroy that number of macks. Any Player who
has not fulfilled their obligation to destroy macks as a result of a
punishment is not a Registered Voter.

When the Judge Assigns a Punishment other than a fine in macks the
results of that Punishment are carried out upon the Guilty Player as
described in the rules.
}}
}