Elliott Hird on Fri, 23 May 2008 10:47:44 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] My defense.

Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, B Nomic's attorney would
certainly want you to believe that ehird is not a player. And they
make a good case. Hell, I almost felt pity myself! But, ladies and
gentlemen of this supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to
consider. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a
Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet
Endor. Now think about it; that does not make sense! Why would a
Wookiee, an eight-foot tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a
bunch of two-foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense! But more
important, you have to ask yourself: What does this have to do with
this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with
this case! It does not make sense! Look at me. I'm a lawyer defending
a nomic player, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca! Does that make sense?
Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense! None of this makes
sense! And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room
deliberatin' and conjugatin' the Emancipation Proclamation,
[approaches and softens] does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen
of this supposed jury, it does not make sense! If Chewbacca lives on
Endor, you must acknowledge that ehird is a player! The defense rests.

Now: Am I a player?

ehird