Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 19 May 2008 13:14:14 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] chess moves

Ah yes, good point, BobTHJ! B-Chess is safe (but still chaotic). I will
still put through those two proposals, and we can pick and choose none or
one or the other or both.
1. start over b-chess
2. fix the ordering of actions and such

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Mike McGann <mike.mcgann@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think that I legitimately hold the MoP. Can anyone make a claim
> against this assertion?

I'm not sure about this at all but didn't you vacate it?

It would be interesting to run a simulation to see what the outcome of
> this would be. Is it possible that the state could deadlock at some
> point and fail to result in a win. Probably not, but it would be fun
> to see.

I don't think so. I know it wouldn't happen that all of his pieces would get
jammed together and couldn't move anymore. If he had certain combinations of
pieces, maybe though they just couldn't get to the last kings. e.g. all he
has is bishops on light squares, they can't get the kings on dark squares.

> I also recommend that the MotW be changed to "Chaos cannot be
> controlled, it can only be contained".

With support, I change the MotnW to: Chaos cannot be controlled, it can only
be contained.

Billy Pilgrim