Mike McGann on Sat, 3 May 2008 14:22:36 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Proposal, Contract, and Repeal of Articles

I submit the following Consultation:

{{
Unbeliever: Ivan Hope.

At the time this Consultation was submitted, does the Contract submitted by
Ivan Hope on Sat, May 3, 2008 at 3:07 PM contain any Articles?
}}

Reasoning:

I will call Ivan's Contract the first contract, and Hose's Contract the
second contract.

The first sentence of the first contract reads:

"The set of Articles this contract, agreement or other regulation consists
of is known as the Articles of Pancake"

It defines itself as the Articles of Pancake.

The second sentence reads:

"Any regulation consisting of the Articles of Pancake is a Branch of
Pancake"

And this defines itself to be a Branch since it does consist of the Articles
it just defined itself to be. I can't find any way in the text to determine
what is the "original".

The second contract is also a branch since it consists of these articles.
And it is a branch of the first contract. The claim that the Articles are
different and therefore "neither recognizes the other as Pancake" is not
valid. The Articles defined in the first contract all appear, unmodified, in
the second contract. The only difference is that the second contains an
Article 0. It only says that it needs to consist of the Articles, not to be
exactly equal. Saying, "I don't like foods that consist of high fructose
corn syrup" includes a lot of foods that contain HFCS and other ingredients
as well.

So, since there are two Branches that I know of, the first contract and the
second contract, the repeals in the second contract also repealed the
articles in the first contract.

- Hose