Jamie Dallaire on Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:23:43 -0700 (MST)

Re: [s-b] [s-d] Proposal: Fixing the Criminal Justice System

On 2/11/08, Roger Hicks <pidgepot@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Feb 11, 2008 2:43 PM, Jamie Dallaire <bad.leprechaun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Yes, I think this makes it neater. But can we have a default punishment
> > (min, max, mean of the two?) for when the priest neglects to assign a
> > punishment?
> >
> Hmm...I'm not opposed to that, though I don't think I want to address
> it in this proposal. As it is if the priest finds a player guilty but
> fails to assign a punishment the Priest has committed a crime as well
> (since he "shall" assign punishment).

I submit the following proposal, entitled "Default Punishment":
{
Dependency: BobTHJ's Proposal entitled "Fixing the Criminal Justice System"

At the end of Rule 4E54, add a paragraph that reads:
{{
If the Priest fails to assign a punishment with an answer determining a
Player to be guilty of a Crime, the default punishement of m25 for a
Misdemeanor or m200 for a Felony shall be applied.
}}
}

Note that this does not absolve the priest of criminal responsibility for
actually assigning a punishment, but provides a fallback mechanism for what
happens when a priest neglects to do so.

Billy Pilgrim