Jamie Dallaire on Wed, 23 Jan 2008 01:40:54 +0100 (CET)

[s-b] Consultation: Hot Tomato

I submit the following Consultation. Again, please clarify via oracularity:

Question: Is the device owner of the device named "Hot Tomato" the Player
named Hose, as of the time of submission of this Consultation?

Unbeliever: 0x44

Reasoning:
{
Note that I could just as easily have made this a question on Hose's or
0x44's number of Hit Points, since ownership of the Hot Tomato decreases
one's HP at the start of any nweek.

0x44 began nweek 137 as device owner of the Hot Tomato. During said nweek,
he announced that he was Throwing the Hot Tomato to Hose and then
immediately changed his own DNA to TT, which matches Hose's DNA (at the time
the action was taken as well as at the time this consultation is submitted).

Rule 4E24 says that "A Player may not perform any action that directly
causes the Hit Points of another Player who is currently his Twin to be
reduced."

Does Throwing the Hot Tomato at another Player "directly" cause that
Player's Hit Points to be reduced? Does it matter whether the two Players
are Twins at the time the action is taken, or at the time the Hit Points are
reduced? I believe that the formulation of Rule 4E24 is ambiguous in these
matters.
}

Billy Pilgrim