Daniel Lepage on Thu, 3 Jan 2008 08:37:18 -0700 (MST)

[s-b] Resignation

When I first started playing B Nomic, more than six years ago, I was
still in high school, and free time was fairly abundant. Even in
college, I managed to scrape up enough time to keep well on top of
everything. But now I'm in grad school, and time has become more of a
commodity. I haven't done much useful in the game for several months
now, and I have several hundred unread message that, quite frankly,
I'll probably never find time to read through.

Thus, with heavy heart, I am forced to admit that I no longer have
time to play this game, and I hereby Forfeit the game of B Nomic.

I've had a lot of fun over the years, and it's great to see so many
new players keeping the game alive. I wish you all the best of luck,
and I hope the game keeps going for many years to come.

One other thing: I think I'm the only person with records from the
period when I was administrator. In case anyone decides to make use of
them, I've put them online at <http://www.nomic.net/~wonko/bnomic_history/
 >. bnomic_archives.zip contains all the historical records I have,
including a full database dump from the pre-wiki era and all the page
texts from the MoinMoin era. bnomic_misc_files.zip has a bunch of
miscellaneous files, including some game logos (and proposed game
logos), a few versions of the House Map, a couple PDF snapshots of the
ruleset, and the set of renderings of The Grid that Orc In A Spacesuit
made using the Warcraft III map editor long ago.

And thus I bid you all farewell. It's been a great six years, and a
pleasure and an honor to play alongside all of you.

Best,
Daniel Lepage
a.k.a. Wonko